Walt Disney Television Community Engagement Internship, KGO-TV/ABC7 - Spring 2020 in San Francisco, California
ABC7 (KGO-TV) is the #1 source for breaking news, weather, sports and more around the San Francisco Bay Area.
We want to help make our region an even better place to live. So we dedicate more time, resources, and reporting to the major stories that impact your quality of life. From housing, to schools, and frustrating commutes, ABC7's goal is to bring you greater perspective on the challenges facing our neighborhoods right now. We promise to dig deeper and find solutions to help Build a Better Bay Area.
The Marketing/Community Engagement intern is part of KGO-TV’s College Student Program. The intern will learn aspects of broadcast television and digital production skills, with a focus on video, audio, photography, writing and design for marketing, community engagement, and news content.
You’ll work with other teams on various projects throughout the internship, including News, Programming, Sales, and President/General Manager’s office.
You’ll also respond to public requests
During first 30 days: Learn and connect. Understand the company's mission and learn the production workflow in order to contribute to content creation.
By month three: Support content producers, assist on shoots and events, and write copy for digital platforms.
By month six: Produce content with supervision, identify areas where you could bring a fresh perspective.
Basic Qualifications :
Bring your enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism every day.
Be able to work collaboratively and independently.
Creating content on variety of social media platforms.
Passion for storytelling.
Ability to engage an audience, both in person and on digital platforms.
Video production and editing skills preferred
Additional Information :
· At least 18 years of age
· Unrestricted work authorization
· Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in San Francisco, CA.
· Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
· The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 through May 2020
· Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
Job ID: 710371BR
Location: San Francisco,California
Job Posting Company: Media Networks
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.